The only thing to remember about prayer is to begin where you are. (Thomas Merton)

Deep down in me I knowed it was a lie, and He knowed it. You can't pray a lie - I found that out. (Mark Twain)

If governments knew how subversive contemplative prayer is, they would ban it. (Desmond Tutu)

Pray as you can, not as you can't. (Father Ted King, Dean Emeritus of Cape Town)

So this is how you swim inward. So this is how you flow outwards. So this is how you pray. (Mary Oliver)

Friday, 13 April 2012

CARDINAL TOOLS UP FOR NEXT CRUSADE

From LEADER-POST:

A top Vatican cardinal, who has been dubbed "Cardinal Rambo" by the Italian newspapers, has defended his rich collection of rifles and handguns.

"This passion for weapons is long-standing. I used to go to shooting ranges. Unfortunately since I've been at the Vatican I had to stop," Domenico Calcagno, head of the Administration of Vatican Patrimony, told "Il Fatto Quotidiano."

"It's innocent. What I like above all is repairing weapons," he said.

The 68-year-old cardinal owns at least 13 weapons including the famous 357 Magnum made by Smith & Wesson and a Hatsan shotgun. He was also a keen hunter and had several rifles.

No comments:

Post a Comment